Free school meals are offered to children of families who are in receipt of:
- Income Support or
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance or
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 or
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit or
- Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
From 6 April 2012, Working Tax Credit rules for couples have changed and because of the increase in the number of hours a couple has to work in order to qualify, some families may have lost their entitlement to Working Tax Credit. Those families may be entitled to free school meals if they now satisfy any of the above criteria.
To apply simply ring your local Area Education Office (01254 220711) with details of your name, date of birth and National Insurance number and an immediate decision can be given. Alternatively complete an application form (downloadable from the Lancashire County Council website or available at the school).
Once you have applied and been granted free school meals for your children you do not need to re-apply annually. You will be contacted normally in June each year to confirm whether or not your children are still entitled to free school meals.
If you would like any assistance with completing the application or just want to find out more, then please contact the school office on 01254 885378.